The National Orthopaedic Alliance (NOA) is thrilled to announce the finalists for the highly anticipated 2023 NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards. After carefully reviewing over 60 entries received from NOA member organisations across seven categories, the judges have selected the 2023 finalists.
Ann Hoey, NOA Programme Director said, “We were delighted to receive such a high number of quality entries for the awards this year. We applaud all entrants for their dedication and commitment to improving orthopaedic care and express congratulations to all the finalists!”
Finalists have another round of assessments with judges before the winners are announced at an award ceremony on 19 October in Birmingham. For more information visit the awards pages of our website.
View the full list of finalists below:
Partnerships and Integration Initiative
- Wrightington Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS FT – Paediatric Hip Arthroplasty Service
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – Royal Orthopaedic Hospital/ University Hospitals Birmingham Mutual Aid Collaboration
- South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre – SWLEOC and GIRFT Elective Hub Toolkit – A guide for setting up an efficient elective surgical hub.
Working Towards Net Zero – Greener NHS
- St George’s University Hospitals NHS FT – The Sustainable Hand Hub
- Manchester University NHS FT – A step towards decarbonisation and sustainability by reducing implant wastage in Orthopaedic trauma surgeries
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust – RNOH x London Community Kitchen – a zero waste partnership
Innovation in Orthopaedics
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – MoD osseointegration surgery at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
- South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre – SWLEOC and GIRFT Elective Hub Toolkit – A guide for setting up an efficient elective surgical hub
- Greater Manchester Orthopaedic Alliance – Trauma and orthopaedic care pathway optimisation using a digital platform
Supporting Patients On Their Pathway
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust – Developing Personalised Follow-up in the Sarcoma Pathway at The Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital
- Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast HSC Trust – Reducing Fasting Times with SipTilSend (‘Don’t Eat, but Drink (clear fluids) and be Merry’)
- South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre – Supporting The Patient Pathway through Pre-operative Education
Workforce Retention Initiative
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – Cost of Living Initiative
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – Support Worker Induction & Care Certificate Programme
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – Financial wellbeing initiatives
Workforce Recruitment Campaign
- Belfast HSC Trust – Elective Orthopaedic Rebuild
- Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – Time to Care
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Teaching Hospitals NHS FT – Digital Therapy Recruitment
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Trust – Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital EDI Strategy Programme
- British Hip Society (comprising members from a variety of NOA organisations) – Improving Culture and Diversity at the British Hip Society
- Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS FT – Wellbeing and inclusion initiatives at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
The NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors, myrecovery.ai and Edge Health. For details of sponsorship opportunities click here.