The 2021 NOA Annual Members’ Conference held on 20 October was an opportunity for staff representing NOA member organisations, patient representatives and NOA partners from across the country to share achievements, address shared challenges and discuss what’s in store for orthopaedics in the future.
The day was officially opened by Royal Orthopaedic Hospital Chief Executive and NOA Lead CEO, Jo Williams, who welcomed delegates and introduced the opening speaker Andy Bennett, National Clinical Director for MSK conditions.
The action-packed conference held at The Eastside Rooms in Birmingham featured exhibits, presentations and panel discussions over multiple rooms including:
- An orthopaedic society panel discussion – ‘What’s in store for 2022?’
- Presentation on promoting life-long musculoskeletal health within all communities
- Presentation focused on the patients’ perspective with shared stories from Lived Experience Ambassadors
- Demonstrations of virtual tele-mentoring
- Sessions around economic and social sustainability within healthcare
- Discussions on truly autonomous robotic knee surgery and day case hip and knee surgery
- A range of presentations from NOA member Trusts sharing best practice and lessons learned
Conference attendee Ruth Adam, Senior Improvement Officer at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital said: “The NOA conference was a fantastic day and a refreshing opportunity to meet and network with colleagues face to face. From panel discussions to patient stories to exhibits and presentations, the range of topics covered was impressive. I especially enjoyed the session on high intensity theatre lists.”
Jimmy Page, Patient from the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital said,“It was a really interesting event, great to learn from others and to have the opportunity to share our experience”
Jo Williams, added, “Thank you to everyone who presented at the NOA Annual Members’ Conference. The presentations, enthusiasm, dedication and passion for orthopaedics was truly inspiring. We have so much to be proud of and I cannot wait to see the collaboration and improvements to come over the next twelve months. Great day!”
If you missed it, you can view an overview of the day here. There are also recordings of some sessions available in the members’ area of the NOA website here. Staff from NOA member organisations can register for the members area here.