By Ann Hoey, NOA Programme Director
Do you work for an NOA member organisation? Whether you’re an orthopaedic surgeon, wellbeing officer, researcher, inclusion manager, physiotherapist or any other professional who is passionate about orthopaedics, entering the NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards, is a fantastic opportunity to recognise NOA member organisations, projects and teams that have distinguished themselves through exemplary contributions, influence, and commitment to transforming services across orthopaedics. 2023 will be the second year for the awards (look back at 2022 here) which will take place on the evening of 19 October 2023 following the NOA Annual Members’ Conference.
Finalists will receive complimentary tickets to an award ceremony in Birmingham. Winning entries will receive a trophy, certificate, and bottle of bubbly. In addition, all finalists receive framed certificates and their foam board display poster. But what are the benefits beyond the shiny award?
Here are five reasons why I think you should enter the NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards:
1. Recognition for your achievements: Winning an NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Award is a prestigious honour that can help gain recognition for your team’s contributions to orthopaedics. It can position you as a thought leader in your area of expertise.
2. Networking opportunities: The NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards ceremony provides a valuable networking opportunity for orthopaedic professionals. You can meet colleagues from across the NOA membership and industry experts who share your passion for advancing the field of orthopaedics. Finalist entries have 3 complimentary seats for colleagues at the awards ceremony including drinks reception, 3 course dinner, DJ and dancing plus the opportunity for other colleagues to purchase seats at a reduced cost to join the celebrations and support their Finalists.
3. Raise the profile of orthopaedics: By entering, you will be helping to raise the profile of the fantastic work taking place in orthopaedics and supporting the NOA to put orthopaedics at the top of the agenda.
4. Opportunity to share your knowledge: If you are passionate about sharing best practice, the NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards can provide a platform to share your knowledge and expertise. You can use this opportunity to educate colleagues about the latest advances in your area of work – whether that’s clinical or non-clinical.
5. Motivation for future success: Winning an NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Award can be a great motivator to continue striving for excellence in your area of work. It can also inspire others to follow in your footsteps and work towards advancing the field of orthopaedic.
Entering the NOA Excellence in Orthopaedics Awards can be a rewarding experience for those who are passionate about advancing the field of orthoapedics. Winning an award can provide you with recognition, networking opportunities, and motivation to continue making valuable contributions to the orthopaedic community. So why not enter today? Entries close at midnight on 14 May. Find out how to enter here.