The GIRFT national suspected Cauda Equina Syndrome (CES) pathway is designed to support clinicians in the diagnosis and care of patients with suspected CES.
Mike Hutton, GIRFT clinical lead for spinal surgery, will be joined by the following speakers who will discuss best practice along all stages of the patient pathway, from presentation to their GP or in the community, to presentation at hospital and diagnosis, to surgery and on to post-operative care:
- Andrew Bennett, national clinical director for musculoskeletal conditions, NHS England
- Chris Mercer, consultant physiotherapist at University Hospitals Sussex NHS FT
- David Metcalfe, clinical lecturer in emergency medicine at University of Oxford
- David Cumming, national clinical director for neurosurgery and spinal surgery at NHS England
- Rachel Watt, MRI Radiographer representing the Society and College of Radiographers