This lunchtime webinar, exclusively for NOA members, gave an insight into achieving Elective Hub accreditation. Colleagues from NOA Member Trusts The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre shared their lived experience of the accreditation process including:
- The visit
- Ongoing monitoring mechanisms.
There was an opportunity for questions and networking.
- Marie Peplow, Executive Chief Operating Officer, The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Michelle Hubbard, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mary Richardson, Managing Director, South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre
- Irrum Afzal, Research and Outcomes Manager, South West London Elective Orthopaedic Centre – presented the GIRFT & SWLEOC Elective Hub Toolkit. This elective hub toolkit outlines the ‘must-do’ critical steps of running a hub that will allow new surgical hubs to identify strategies and pathways to avoid bottlenecks and achieve their operational targets with minimal delay and provide an efficient service to overcome the UK’s surgical waiting lists.
Further information on this event, including the webinar recording and presentations, is available to NOA members in the Members Only Area of the website. (You will need to have registered for the Members Only Area to gain access)
You can keep up to date with upcoming webinars and other NOA activity by subscribing to our newsletter