The Greater Manchester Orthopaedic Alliance (GMOA) was formed in 2016 to raise standards of MSK health improve pathways, enhance training and reduce variability in outcome and costs across 6 Trusts:
- Bolton NHS Foundation Trust
- Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust (a partnership between Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust & The Pennine Acute Hospitals NHS Trust)
- Stockport NHS Foundation Trust
- Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The current Chair is Professor David Johnson from Stockport NHS Foundation Trust who shares with us the origins and progress of the Alliance, its role during the Pandemic and its goals for the future.
David is joined by Professor Mike Reed from Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, the Co-Chair of the recently formed North East North Cumbria MSK Alliance (NENC MSK Alliance). This Alliance was formed pre- pandemic and modelled on the GMOA. It includes Trusts from the NENC ICS and MSK services.
This webinar will be of interest to anyone eager to form alliances in their local area in order to improve services.