The National Orthopaedic Alliance is working to create a Quality Improvement and Clinical Audit Network. Although a number of Clinical Audit networks exist across the UK, these are general and/or regional networks and the idea behind the National Orthopaedic Alliance’s network would be to:
- Provide opportunities for the benchmarking of audits against and between orthopaedic trusts in national audit results
- Promote our own and each other’s improvement in clinical effectiveness through Clinical Audit and Quality Improvement activity
- Encourage cross-fertilisation of topic ideas and collaborative activity in local/specialist audits across the NOA
- Improve practice / create best practice using the results from clinical audits
- be a national, collective, expert voice on orthopaedic Clinical Audit with the potential to help drive the quality improvement agendas of NHS England and HQIP
- Form an approachable and accessible group for advice and support with orthopaedic-related audits
- Offer opportunities to participate in CPD accredited training workshops, events and bespoke training and development sessions.
NOA members are invited to join us on Wednesday 25 November at 1pm to find out our plans for training, benchmarking, improving governance and ethics, involving patients, better support and more and to take part in our opinion poll. You can register and take part in the opinion poll on the members’ area of the website here.