A Joint British Association of Day Surgery & HCUK Virtual Conference
As we enter the recovery phase following the huge disruption caused by Covid-19 the number of patients waiting for orthopaedic surgery remains at record levels with 730,000 on the waiting list in March 2022, the largest number for over a decade.
In response to the Governments Elective Recovery Plan, it is clear we must work differently to respond to these unprecedented waits and Day Case surgery offers us a way to help increase efficiencies and make an impact on these waiting times.
Day case anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction surgery and uni-compartment knee replacement surgery has been routine practice for over 10 years in some trusts. Building on this, leading units are now providing total hip and knee replacement surgery on a day case basis. It has been proven to be safe, achievable and has been replicated across several trusts.
Increasing the delivery of day case total joints across the NHS is achievable and it is important to share learning so that day case arthroplasty becomes the normal in units across the UK.
Join this conference to learn how this is achievable for our patients and learn how digital technology can aid this and move us towards a more virtual way of working.
This conference will enable you to:
- Network with colleagues who are working to improve day surgery orthopaedic services
- Learn from outstanding practice in day surgery arthroplasty
- Reflect on national developments and learning
- Understand how you can improve your day surgery pathways
- Identify key strategies for implementation of a day surgery joint replacement service
- Ensure you are up to date with the latest national practice
- Self assess and reflect on your own practice
- Gain CPD accreditation points contributing to professional development and revalidation evidence