A Joint British Association of Day Surgery & HCUK Virtual Conference
Follow the conference on Twitter #BADShip
The British Association of Day Surgery are pleased to announce this virtual conference focusing on Day Case Total Hip Replacements.
With increasing pressure on the NHS, the drive to reduce length of stay and deliver as much activity as possible on a day case basis is a key national priority. Day Case major joint replacement surgery is now routine practice in a number of units across the UK. However, there remains huge variation in day case arthroplasty surgery across the country. Come and learn how they did it, the obstacles they overcame and take the opportunity to transform your orthopaedic services.
National experts from the British Association of Day Surgery and leading Orthopaedic units will share experience including:
- How to develop a high-class day surgery service
- Analgesia for day case arthroplasty
- Use of short acting spinal anaesthesia for major orthopaedic day surgery procedures
- Pathways and protocols for day case arthroplasty
- Pitfalls to avoid and obstacles to overcome – how they did it