*This page is regularly updated with information and resources. If you are from an NOA member organisation and would like even more COVID-19 related information and resources, visit the COVID-19 page in the members’ area of our website here.
In light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) crisis, we have collated some NOA updates on the issue. A big thank everyone across our membership for all you are doing to help support our NHS. From specialist providers to acute Trusts, orthopaedics has a key role in the fight against COVID-19.
NOA meetings and events update
- NOA meetings and events, where possible are now being carried out virtually. Our events page will have latest details.
- For the latest on NOA COVID-19 webinar series click here.
Useful COVID-19 resources
We’ve included some useful recourses below for you and will keep these updated:
- A British Orthopaedic Association message to people waiting for joint replacement and other orthopaedic surgery here
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) statement on the coronavirus pandemic here
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA) coronivirus BOAST guidance here
- NHSE Coronovirus Speciality Guides including Management of Trauma and Orthopaedics can be found here
- TJTO&C – The Transient Journal of Trauma, Orthopaedics and the Coronavirus here
- NICE COVID-19 rapid guideline: rheumatological autoimmune, inflammatory and metabolic bone disorders here
- Public Health England guidance for all NHS staff here
- BMA coronavirus resources hub here
- NHS Confederation briefing, The impact of COVID-19 on BME communities and health and care staff – click here.
- Clinical guide for the management of palliative care in hospital during the coronavirus pandemic can be viewed here.
- Please also continue to follow government guidance and visit trusted sources such as www.gov.uk, www.who.int and www.nhs.uk to stay informed on the situation
- For information, exercises and tools for people who have had hip or knee replacements postponed find out more about the Joint School app here