Who can join the alliance
Any NHS organisation providing orthopaedic care within the UK can apply. Other organisations involved in orthopaedics such as professional bodies, patient groups and charities can apply and will be considered on a case by case basis. To find out more click here.
THE NATIONAL ORTHOPAEDIC ALLIANCE
The National Orthopaedic Alliance (NOA) is a membership organisation that brings together orthopaedic centres around the UK. The alliance provides opportunities to collaborate across its membership, and offers a forum for members to share experiences and address shared challenges with an aim of delivering consistent, high quality care for patients nationwide.
The NOA engages in a number of activities to support its members including:
- Creation of a forum for sharing best practice
- Facilitating a buddying scheme to enable collaborative support to aid development and improvement
- Developing a shared view on issues of mutual concern and/or benefit e.g. best practice in the clinical coding of orthopaedic care.
- Influencing the National Tariff and its application to orthopaedic care, particularly specialist activity
- Developing clinical networks
- Contributing to a more streamlined national measurement of orthopaedic outcomes.
- Ensuring our member organisations’ voice is heard at the national level
- Promotion of best practice by sharing information.
- Keeping abreast of innovations within the sector.
- Ensuring members’ perspective on key issues reaches a broader audience
- Highlighting what’s coming in terms of national policy work that will impact on the delivery of elective orthopaedics