The National Orthopaedic Alliance
The National Orthopaedic Alliance (NOA) brings together orthopaedic centres around the UK to share best practice and address shared challenges. We are based on a quality standards membership model founded on evidence based descriptors of ‘what good looks like’ in orthopaedic care.
The NOA engages in a number of activities to support its members including:
- The development of a set of quality standards
- Creation of a forum for sharing best practice
- Facilitating a buddying scheme to enable collaborative support to aid development and improvement
- Developing a shared view on issues of mutual concern and/or benefit e.g. best practice in the clinical coding of orthopaedic care.
- Influencing the National Tariff and its application to orthopaedic care, particularly specialist activity
- Developing clinical networks
- Contributing to a more streamlined national measurement of orthopaedic outcomes.
- Ensuring our member organisations’ voice is heard at the national level
- Promotion of best practice by sharing information.
- Keeping abreast of innovations within the sector.
- Ensuring members’ perspective on key issues reaches a broader audience
- Highlighting what’s coming in terms of national policy work that will impact on the delivery of elective orthopaedics
- Membership gives access to all of the above services and our portal which contains GIRFT data, HES data, Benchmarking data and our quality standards
WHO CAN JOIN THE ALLIANCE
Any NHS organisation providing orthopaedic care within the UK can apply. Other organisations involved in orthopaedics such as professional bodies, patient groups and charities can apply and will be considered on a case by case basis. To find out more click here.